Heavy Equipment Technician II (VMF) - Immediate Interviews!
Company: PAE Incorporated
Posted on: October 10, 2021
Supporting the Most Exciting
and Meaningful Missions in the World
Heavy Equipment Technician II (VMF)
GENERAL DUTIES (not all inclusive):
- Diagnoses, troubleshoots, repairs, and maintains construction
and heavy equipment.
- Corrects deficiencies in components and ancillary
- Performs service, maintenance, repairs and overhauls in
accordance with manufacturers’ recommendations.
- Performs equipment repairs in response to maintenance requests,
in shop or in field locations.
- Uses diagnostic procedures and test equipment to identify and
correct equipment faults.
- Analyzes and diagnoses mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic,
electric, and electronic faults.
- Operates shop equipment including overhead cranes, compressors,
presses, grinders, hand tools, and tire servicing equipment.
- Lifts, moves and/or installs heavy parts and assemblies safely,
using basic tooling and PPE. May be required to perform work
outside in severe weather conditions.
- Complies with all ASC Environmental, Health & Safety, and
Quality Assurance requirements and goals. Provides
documentation as necessary to ensure adequate and legal
- May work days, nights or swing shifts depending on operational
- Assists other mechanics and members of the VMF team as
- Documents all work performed including diagnosis, root cause,
labor and parts. Conducts parts and repair requirements research
and maintains records. Prepares reports as required.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe workplace program and
ensuring safety is the highest priority in the work place.
- Maintains a clean and safe workplace and ensures that safety is
the highest priority in the workplace.
- Performs other duties as required.
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- Two years training at a technical school is highly
- Valid driver’s license required.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in heavy equipment
maintenance and repair required; or a minimum of four years’
experience with heavy equipment maintenance and repair, in addition
to one summer or winter Antarctic deployment working as a heavy
- ASE certifications, and dealership certifications a plus.
- Experience on a broad range of construction equipment,
specifically Caterpillar tractors is preferred.
- Willingness and ability to deploy to Antarctica for
extended periods is required.
- Must be willing and able to lift and move items, parts,
assemblies and equipment up to the safety regulation maximum.
- Must be willing and able to perform physical activities
including heavy lifting, climbing in and out of equipment,
crawling, and working outdoors.
- Must successfully complete the physical, dental and
psychological (if applicable) examinations as required by the NSF
for deploying to Antarctica.
- Must participate in community programs, such as “house-mouse”
(chores), “daisy-picking” (cleaning-up around the station),
recycling efforts & safety objectives.
- PAE covers all program related expenses for travel to and
from Antarctica as well as housing and food while
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for
employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender,
national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status,
ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure,
medical condition including genetic characteristics or information,
veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the
essential functions of the job can be performed with or without
reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under
federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Keywords: PAE Incorporated, Boise , Heavy Equipment Technician II (VMF) - Immediate Interviews!, Other , Boise, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!