First Officer - Horizon Air
Company: Horizon Air
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Company Horizon AirThe TeamAs a pilot for Horizon Air, you will
be among the best in the regional airline industry as you fly
throughout the West. To help keep you at the top of your game, we
offer attractive compensation, development opportunities, a path to
our mainline carrier Alaska Airlines, and a great team that's known
for its skill and close-knit teamwork.Role SummaryThe First Officer
is responsible for ensuring a safe journey and a positive
experience for all Horizon Air (QX) guests while continually
maintaining a high-level of professionalism. This is a union
represented position.Key Duties
- Performs as Second in Command in the transport of passengers,
mail, freight, or for other commercial purposes. Responsible for
all aspects and conduct of flight to include preflight of required
paperwork and restrictions, conduct of safe flight, and all post
- Complies with Federal Aviation Regulations (FAA), Company
Flight Procedures, and Company Policies on scheduled flights and
routes to ensure safety of flight.
- Coordinates tasks to permit flight fueling, loading, passenger
handling, etc. and associated duties to transport passengers in a
safe manner in accordance with company policies, and procedures,
FOM, FAR's, and CRF's.
- Pilots are team members both in the flight deck (Cockpit
Resource Management), and with other operational departments.
- Pilots are expected to present a professional image at all
times, including grooming standards and demeanor, as a key
representative of the company to both internal and external
customers.Job-Specific Experience, Education & SkillsRequiredWhere
permitted by applicable law, candidates must have received or be
willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be
considered, if not currently employed by Alaska Airlines or Horizon
Air. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations to
qualified employees with disabilities or for a sincerely held
- A minimum of 1,465 hours of total flight time or R-ATP
- 500 hours of cross-country flight time or 200 if R-ATP or
- 100 hours of night flight time.
- 250 total hours of flight time as pilot in command including
100 hours of cross-country flight time and 25 hours of night flight
- 75 hours of instrument flight time in actual or simulated
- 25 hours of multi-engine flight time.
- FAA Commercial Pilot Certificate with multi-engine and
- Must possess A current First-Class FAA Medical
- FCC permit restricted radiotelephone operator.
- Must have and be able to maintain a valid passport allowing
unrestricted travel, without a TRP, to and from the U.S.
- Must possess valid Driver's License.
- Excellent judgment, leadership skills, demonstrated command
ability and maturity.
- Must be willing to accept a base assignment in Seattle, WA;
Portland, OR; Spokane, WA; Boise, ID; or Medford, OR based on
- Must be willing to work multiple days away from home, working a
varied schedule, including weekends and holidays without
- Ability to communicate in English.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum age of 21 years old.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.Preferred
- 100 hours of multi-engine flight time
- 100 hours flown in the last 12 months
- Four-year degree from an accredited University.Job-Specific
Leadership ExpectationsEmbody our values to own safety, do the
right thing, be kind-hearted, deliver performance, and be
remarkable.COVID-19 Vaccination RequirementWhere permitted by
applicable law, new hires must have received the COVID-19 vaccine.
The Company will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified
employees with disabilities or for a sincerely held religious
- This role pays per collective bargaining agreement.
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k program
- Monthly incentive pay plan
- Annual incentive pay plan
- Generous paid time off
- Travel privileges on Alaska Airlines & Horizon AirPay
DetailsNew Hire Bonus of $17,500 for the Q400 and $5,000 for the
E175 paid upon completion of IOE.Receive an Experienced Hire Bonus
based on prior qualifying time up to $32,500 for the Q400 and
$10,000 for the E175 paid over the first 18 months.Join us on the
Q400 with prior qualifying time and receive up to $50,000 in
bonuses!FLSA Status ExemptRegular/Temporary RegularRequisition ID
2021-5916I: Y - 3Equal Employment Opportunity Alaska Airlines and
Horizon Air are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and
Affirmative Action employer that is committed to diversity, equity,
and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex
(including pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, and
gender expression), national origin, age, protected veteran or
disabled status, genetic information (including family medical
history) or other legally protected characteristics. Qualified
applicants with criminal histories will also be considered for
employment, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local
law. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, veterans and
persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. We are an
E-Verify - employer, where required by law.
Keywords: Horizon Air, Boise , First Officer - Horizon Air, Other , Boise, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!