Participant Services Associates
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Position: - - - - - -Participant Services Associates
Reports To: - - - -Participant Services Director
Department: - - -Participant Services -
Location: - - - - - -Portland, ME/Remote -
- About the Company:Council on International Education and Exchange
(CIEE) -is a nonprofit study abroad and intercultural exchange
organization that transforms lives and builds bridges between
individuals and nations through study abroad and international
exchange experiences that help people develop skills for living in
a globally interdependent and culturally diverse world.Summary of
Position:We are seeking an adaptable team player who thrives in a
dynamic environment! In this role we will support our J-1 exchange
programs that include but are not limited to: Work & Travel USA,
Internship and Professional Career Training USA, USA High School.
In addition to this you will also support CIEE's International
Study Programs for American college students who are interested in
our programs located in different countries around the
- Communicate and interact directly with the program
stakeholders, answering all the phone calls and e-mail enquiries in
a professional and timely manner.
- Counsel program participants with cultural shock and other
emotional, mental and physical health issues.
- Maintain a caseload that includes escalated support cases for
all programs and manage the individual incidents in a timely and
- Review and data entry of participant applications
- Develop and display extensive product knowledge on CIEE's
International Study and J-1 Exchange programs as well as the
Participant Insurance Plan and associated policies
- Carry 24 Hour Emergency Cell on a rotating basis for the J-1
- Other duties as assigned Knowledge and Skills Requirement:The
ideal candidate will possess:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to handle difficult
conversations with variety of people from different
- Ability to manage a high-volume workload within tighten
- Strong organization and time management skills; ability to
manage competing priorities
- Previous customer service experience required, call center
experience strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of a second language is a plus.
- Must have a valid US Passport and US driver's license.
Diversity Matters:CIEE believes that diversity matters and that
professionals with diverse backgrounds provide diverse approaches
and ideas to solving problems and finding ways to advance our
mission to bring the world together. Candidates from
underrepresented groups with diverse backgrounds and experiences
are strongly encouraged to apply.Why you should consider working
for us: -
- You will change the world. CIEE builds bridges between
different people, different countries, and different cultures. We
help young people participate in high-quality international
exchange and study abroad programs that bring the world together.
We change lives, our alumni change the world. Be part of the
- You will be fairly compensated. CIEE strives to provide all
employees with competitive salaries and exceptional benefits.
Benefits include excellent healthcare insurance; annual
contributions to your retirement fund of up to 5% of your salary;
generous personal time off, including vacation, holidays, and
floating Fridays; and a full suite of insurance, including life,
travel, short-term, and long-term disability insurance.
- You will be part of a fast-paced, international, diverse, and
collaborative team of professionals. CIEE operates the largest
nonprofit network of study abroad locations, with facilities and
staff in 26 countries. -Additionally, we help international
participants from over 130 countries come to the USA each year.
-Committed to excellence and solving whatever problem the world
throws at them, CIEE professionals work on international teams, and
are dedicated to advancing our 75-year-old mission to make the
world a more peaceful place. Due to federal regulations, a
background check will be conducted as a condition of employment.As
a condition of employment with CIEE, all new employees must comply
with our COVID-19 vaccination policy which requires proof of full
vaccination status, subject to any local laws or restrictions.
Keywords: CIEE, Boise , Participant Services Associates, Other , Boise, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!