Food & Beverage Server (Banquet Server)
Company: Boise Centre
Posted on: June 23, 2022
The Food & Beverage Server (Banquet Server) sets up, serves,
cleans, and tears down all food and beverage events. Primarily
responsible for serving food and beverages to guests, the Banquet
Server upholds service standards and addresses guest needs and work
collaboratively with all departments.
As Idaho's premier event venue, our mission is to WOW our guests
with unforgettable experiences. Our team of passionate, creative
professionals are devoted to excellence in food, service,
amenities, and venue management.
WHAT IS BOISE CENTRE?
Boise Centre opened in 1990 and is Idaho's largest convention,
meeting, and tradeshow facility. Located in vibrant downtown Boise
adjacent to the Grove Plaza. Featuring, 86,000 square feet of
flexible meeting and event space. The convention center hosts more
than 220 diverse events each year, bringing over 125,000 guests
through our doors.
WHY WORK AT BOISE CENTRE?
- Flexible part-time schedule
- Exposure to community partners and large conventions while
working events, this is a great chance to network!
- Opportunities to grow within Boise Centre
- Ability to cross train with other departments at Boise Centre
- Complimentary meals provided to the employee while working events
(with meal service)
- Phenomenal team atmosphere and professional culture,
Starting at $16 per hour depending on experience
WHAT DO BANQUET SERVERS DO?
- Serves guests at banquets, meetings, trainings, events,
conventions and conferences
- Engages guests, answers questions, and handles complaints in a
- Sets and arranges place settings and buffet lines for service
- Serves food and beverage in the appropriate order and according
to event expectations
- Clears and quickly removes each meal course as guests finish
- Replenish beverages when necessary, and checks with guests to
ensure their needs are met
- Cleans and breaks down banquet and buffet service equipment
including all glassware and china
- Cleans, resets, and replenishes banquet room to ensure readiness
of the room for other functions and food service
- Verifies guest identification to confirm legal drinking age
- Practices food safety and sanitation in accordance with Boise
Centre standards and local, state and federal laws
- Customer service experience, preferred
- Must be willing to become TIPS Certified by City of Boise
- Basic knowledge of service standards, guest relations, and food
- Provides timely and thorough customer service to internal and
- Ability to work in a high-stress, high-volume work
- Ability to handle time sensitive delivery of services and
- Interacts professionally and effectively with others
- Regular and reliable work attendance at scheduled time
- Ability to lift and balance trays with plates of food at shoulder
level and perform moderate physical activity and somewhat strenuous
- Frequently will: stand and walk for long periods of time; bend,
stoop, kneel, and twist; reach and use of ladders, stools, and
stairs; lift, push and pull up to 50 pounds
- May be exposed to moderate noise levels
Must be willing to work outside of normal business hours, long
hours, weekends, evenings, and holidaysPI181311029
Keywords: Boise Centre, Boise , Food & Beverage Server (Banquet Server), Other , Boise, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!