Retail Pricing Specialist
Company: WinCo Foods
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Join our Winning Team today and start your ownership journey!
WinCo Foods is a rapidly growing family of over 130 grocery stores,
complete with our own distribution centers and transportation
network. We're proud to operate across 10 states west of the
Rockies with more than 20,000 employee owners.
At WinCo Foods we act like owners - because we are! We believe, as
the Low Price Grocery Leader, that we make the lives of the
communities where we operate better by giving them the best
possible prices to feed their families and by focusing on the
success, well-being and diversity of our employee owners.
Currently, WinCo is the third largest Employee-Owned company in the
United States and is #46 on the Forbes.com list of largest
privately owned companies. Did you know that WinCo has more than
500 millionaire employee-owners in our Employee Stock Ownership
Plan (ESOP)? Once eligible, you can start your journey to ownership
with an annual gift of stock equaling 20% of what you make each
year. (ESOP available at most locations and subject to vesting,
check the locations Summary Plan Description).
WinCo Foods offers the very best benefits in the industry, with low
cost, high quality medical benefits with rates as low as $35 a
month, enrollment in our ESOP after 6 months, career advancement
opportunities, paid vacation and sick leave, competitive wages,
tuition reimbursement, employee assistance, discount program - and
even voluntary benefits like Pet Insurance!
This position is accountable for maintaining and monitoring store
pricing within our Retail Pricing system. Primary duties include
competitive price analysis, data entry, item and vendor
maintenance, cost changes, retail pricing changes, setting up
promotions and other duties as assigned.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
* Enters new items into the computer system by performing such
duties as contacting supplier to verify stock, gaining
authorization, establishing gross margins and inputting information
into the system.
* Monitors item movement from stores by correcting errors,
researching no-find (unauthorized) items, proofing reports to find
* Identifies errors by proofing reports and comparing store data
against the master file.
* Enters cost, promotions and pricing data into system, print
reports, proof reports, communicates with vendors and stores via
phone and email.
* Sets prices based on competition for sections and "super comps"
in area stores using prescribed rules and analyzing competitive
* Performs office clerical duties (i.e., filing, collating,
* Coordinates with stores by communicating via phone and email.
* Monitor store daily item movement (dim) cost, retail and movement
to ensure accuracy.
* Performs other duties as assigned or needed.
* High School Diploma or Equivalent.
* Demonstrating expertise in Retail Pricing, Store Scanning,
Receiving and/or Retail Operations.
* Performing quick and accurate 10-key data entry.
* Demonstrated proficiency with numerical data and
* Providing excellent prioritizing skills with the ability to
manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet critical
* Applying strong analytical and problem-solving skills with close
attention to detail in order to effectively monitor progress and
complete assignments, performing all duties with efficiency and
* Demonstrating initiative and self-direction to perform a variety
of simultaneous skills (multi-tasking).
* Demonstrating proficient use of Windows and Microsoft Office
(Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.).
* Utilizing excellent verbal, written and inter-personal
communication skills to establish and maintain a good rapport with
co-workers, Supervisors, store personnel and vendors.
* Must be dependable and demonstrate initiative.
* Prioritize, delegate, direct and organize tasks while meeting
* Handle stress and deal with a variety of demands
* Be self-directed and demonstrate excellent time management
* Continuously perform duties requiring manual dexterity for typing
35 wpm, collating, distributing paperwork, data input, proficient
use of 10-key, attaching papers, sorting, etc.
* Sit for extended periods of time.
* Perform all tasks with integrity and extreme confidentiality.
Machines and Equipment Operated:
* Office machines (computer terminal, copier/scanner, 10-key, fax
machine, telephone, etc)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of
work performed by the employees assigned to this job. All employees
must comply with Company policies and applicable laws. The
responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of personnel
As WinCo Foods continues to grow, our diversity-from our variety of
perspectives and wide range of experiences-is essential to our
strategy and success. We are committed to continue to cultivate and
celebrate an inclusive environment in which all employees are
valued and respected regardless of their race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran,
or disability status.
Keywords: WinCo Foods, Boise , Retail Pricing Specialist, Other , Boise, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!