Company: Standlee Premium Western Forage
Posted on: August 6, 2022
The Standlee Ag Farm Controller has oversight and responsibility
for the financial planning and control activities of Standlee Ag
Resources. This position is accountable for accurate and timely
financial reporting for this company.
Continually analyzes financial results and makes recommendations to
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and
expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job
tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are
required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform
job-related duties as may be required by his/her supervisor.
Key Performance Areas (Essential Functions of the Position)
- Financial Planning and Analysis
- Farm budgeting and analysis
- Raw procurement modeling, budgeting and analysis
- Assists in development of financial planning and analysis
exercises/reports as needed.
- Accounting and Administration
- Ensures maintenance of appropriate internal controls and
- Ensures timeliness, accuracy, and usefulness of financial and
management reporting for all managers.
- Oversees the preparation and communication of monthly and
annual financial statements.
- Ensures legal and regulatory compliance regarding all financial
- Team Participation
- Participates in team meetings with willingness to help as
- Accounting Activities
- Prepares month-end, quarter-end and year-end workpapers to
substantiate the Trial Balance
- Prepares monthly financial statements
- Manages field inventory
- Enhances and implement financial and accounting systems,
processes, tools and control systems.
Key Success Factors for Position
- Takes immediate reaction from directives given by
- Asks questions and challenges old ideas.
- Gains commitment from team.
- Communicates effectively and assertively (both direct and
- Communicates clearly (both written and verbal), to all levels
of the organization.
- Leadership ability, strong team management and interpersonal
- Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills, plus
excellent planning and organization skills.
- 5 to 10 years of accounting experience, preferably for farming
- Experience working with information technology to manage
operating, finance and accounting software packages.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in financial-management role, partnering with a wide
range of management functions, resulting in the development and
implementation of creative financial management
- Overall the candidate must have both significant managerial and
financial accounting experience. CPA certification is a plus.
General Office environment:
Work is generally sedentary in nature but may require standing and
walking for up to 10% of the time. The working environment is
generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and
there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise,
etc. work is generally performed within an office environment, with
standard office equipment available such as computers, phones,
photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical requirements described here are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of the job the employee is regularly
required to talk, hear, read, write and communicate in fluent
English. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use
hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a Full/Part Time position. Days and hours of work are
Monday through Friday, with an occasional Weekend. Unless otherwise
notified in advance by supervisor.
Each employee of Standlee Premium Western Forage has a
responsibility to know, to understand and to abide by Workplace
Professional Standards of Conduct. Professional Conduct includes
Customer Service, Courtesy, Ethics, Safety, Teamwork,
Responsibility, Accountability, confidentiality, and
Occasional travel to local Standlee locations (by vehicle), rarely
travel by air as directed.PI185891523
Keywords: Standlee Premium Western Forage, Boise , Controller, Other , Kimberly, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!