Company: Southwest Montana Community Federal Credit Union
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Open until filled. Salary DOE
To learn more and to apply online, visit
_*Job Summary: *_
The teller meets the needs of members by providing quality service.
Performs transactional duties to serve members by receiving or
paying out funds with high accuracy. Maintain accurate
transactional records. Provide cash receipt and payment services in
accordance with credit union policies and procedures. Present and
explain a basic number of credit union products and services to
members. This person requires an ability to communicate effectively
with prospective and current members and to represent the credit
union in a positive and professional manner. Courses and/or
training may be required.
_*Essential Duties and Responsibilities and Expectations: *_
_Include the following, other duties may be assigned._
* Greet and welcome members to the credit union in a courteous,
professional and timely manner, providing prompt, accurate and
efficient member transactions.
* Receive share drafts/checks and cash for deposit to accounts,
verify amounts, examine share/draft checks for proper endorsement,
and enter deposits into computer records.
* Assist with telephone, mail, or night deposit transactions as
needed and record proper information according to credit union
* Cash share drafts/checks and process withdrawals; pay out money
after verification of signatures and member balances.
* Place holds on accounts for uncollected funds.
* Receive consumer loan, home loan and other payments, ensure
accuracy when posting to the computer. Generate member
* Buy and sell currency from the vault as necessary, ensuring that
the teller drawer cash limits are not exceeded.
* Ensure teller station is properly stocked with forms, supplies,
* Balance cash drawer daily, compare totaled amounts to system
generated balance sheet. Research and resolve any discrepancies.
Report any discrepancy to the supervisor as necessary.
* Provide inbound call support as needed
* Obtain an up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge on all credit
union products and services, this includes answering basic member
inquiries regarding interest rates, service charges and account
histories while complying with disclosure requirements, regulations
and consumer privacy policies. Coordinate with other departments
and refer members to departments/personnel providing specialized
services as necessary.
* Obtain an up-to-date comprehensive knowledge and abide by all
Credit Union related policies, procedures, rules and regulations,
including but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act, Fair Lending, Know
Your Member, robbery, safety and security procedures.
* Follow all credit union policies and procedures.
* Represent the credit union in a positive and professional manner
with all people including fellow employees, members, management,
board members and outside vendors.
* Attends and participates in meetings as required.
* Completes required courses as assigned for ongoing compliance and
* Report to work on time each scheduled day.
_*Supervisory Responsibilities: *_
_ *Qualification Requirements: *_
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
_ *Education and/or Experience: *_
* High school diploma or GED
* 3 months related experience and/or training
* Equivalent combination of education and experience
* Related work experience may substitute for education
* Ability to read, comprehend and write simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos.
* Ability to effectively present information on one on one and
small group situations to members, and other employees of the
_ *Mathematical Skills: *_
* Knowledge of basic arithmetic and currency counting.
_*Reasoning Ability: *_
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
* Must have the capability to deal with problems involving several
concrete variable in standardized situations.
_*Other Skills and Abilities *_
* Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and
processes for providing customer and personal services. This
includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for
services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
* Clerical - Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures
and systems such as word processing, managing files and records,
and other office procedures and terminology.
* Interacting with Computers - Using computers and computer systems
(including hardware and software) to enter data, or process
* Getting Information - observing, receiving, and otherwise
obtaining information from all relevant sources.
* Working directly with the Public - Face to face and phone contact
to acknowledge and complete transactions for members and
* Ability to use common office equipment such as computer, fax
machine, copier, telephone, etc.
* Ability to accurately handle cash in a speedy manner when dealing
* Familiar with differences in a basic number of products and
services offered by other financial institutions to those offered
by the credit union.
_Physical Demands & Working Conditions: _
The work environment characteristics and the physical demands
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, as is
found in a normal business office with computers and printers, and
Employee may be exposed to contagious illnesses such as colds and
flu by virtue of working with the general public.
Employee may be asked to participate in outdoor activities related
to the season for example snow shoveling and de-icing of sidewalks
in winter and landscape maintenance during other seasons, weeding,
replanting of flowerbeds, etc., as these relate to the overall
Branch Office appearance and safety needs.
Employee may be asked to participate/coordinate
off-site/after-hours credit union activities including but not
limited to: Annual Meeting/Dinner, Member Appreciation Day(s) and
Credit Union Chapter Meetings, etc. Travel may be necessary.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently
required to stand, perform repetitive hand motion (such as typing);
reach with arms and hands; hear; listen; talk; walk; bend and
Employee must frequently or regularly be able to lift 10 pounds and
occasionally be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific
vision abilities required by this job include close vision and
ability to adjust focus.'
* One location
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $13.00 - $16.00 per hour
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Flexible spending account
* Health insurance
* Health savings account
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Southwest Montana Community Federal Credit Union, Boise , Teller 1, Other , Butte, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!