Hot Rod Mechanic
Location: Mountain Home
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Hot Rod Mechanic
Have you ever dreamed of working in a hot rod shop, building high
performance vehicles, in an amazing organized work environment, and
surrounded by super talented committed individuals? If so, Welcome
to your Dream Job!
IWS Sales is opening a performance division in Mountain Home,
Idaho. We completed our brand-new Hot Rod Shop with
state-of-the-art equipment. Now, we need an automotive mechanic to
build high performance 4x4 vehicles. Our goal is to build the
absolute finest vehicles in the nation, with an emphasis on keeping
the original look with all modern components. Our focus is on 67 to
79 Ford and Chevy 4x4 Pickups, Broncos, and Blazers. We will
install new performance based EFI engines, electronic transmissions
along with custom suspensions, paint, and interiors. These vehicles
will utilize the best components such as Roadster Shop RS4 Chassis
as well as Wegner Automotive Performance engines, GM Performance,
and Ford Performance as well as our own custom design Chassis
Components. This shop is closed to the public and will have 4 to 6
full-time employees so we can really focus on our craft and build a
close-knit team that is passionate about 4x4's going fast and
building amazing vehicles. We also are building a professional mud
racing team and want to add a person to that team as well. The Race
Team will be traveling throughout the summer in ID, WA, OR, and
We are looking for someone who is as passionate about older 4x4's
as we are and have that desire to build performance vehicles for
our exclusive customer base.
"There is no passion to be found playing small--in settling for a
life that is less than the one you are capable of living." Nelson
- Lead the disassembly and re-assembly of the complete chassis
and drive train.
- Work with our body shop department to develop the best build
- Install new complete Dyno Tested performance L.S Based engine,
startup run and diagnostics.
- Solid understanding of OEM and Aftermarket Fuel
- Install transmission and understand electronic transmission
controller and operation.
- Rebuild rear ends and front ends when applicable (Dana 44/60 &
GM 12 bolt)
- Run brake lines, brake system fuel lines and ensure correct
- Help in all areas of the shop as needed with an emphasis on
mechanical and electrical aspects of the build.
- Have fun and enjoy being in a hot rod shop environment.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years working as an auto mechanic in a
shop or hot rod industry
- Able to install factory GM LS engine, wire, and plumb without
- Experienced in 12 volt wiring with the ability to install
wiring harness and digital components
- Ability to lift and carry 75 lbs., and stand for extended
periods of time.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Positive attitude and a self-starter
- Welding/Fabrication Skills are not required but is a
- Advanced Vehicle Diagnostics and Fuel Mapping are not required
but is a bonus
- Great Pay DOE.
- Moving Bonus
- Health Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with company matching contribution up to 3% of
- Six Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Bereavement Pay
- Weekly Leadership training
- Access to our new state of the art Exercise Center.
- Opportunities to advance and contribute
- Wonderful opportunity to make a difference in our world by
working with people that really care
- We are a company that truly believes in getting better every
day. This goes for our Company and the people who work
- Everyone says people are a company's biggest asset, at the IWS
Sales we prove it!
- Please include resume with your previous work history and three
(3) professional references (names and contact numbers for previous
- Call Debbie at 208-587-2888 with any further questions about
At IWS Sales, we truly believe in coaching and developing people
who have a great attitude, work ethic, and want to leave their mark
on the world. We value people for their Enthusiasm, Commitment,
Hard Work, as well as the ability to do things better each day. We
love candidates that believe our only opportunity to win in the
marketplace will come by hiring and retaining the best people in
the industry. If you have the desire to help us build a great
company and want to surround yourself with people who share the
same vision, please apply today.
To find out more about Mountain Home and surrounding areas, visit
"Working hard for something we don't care about is called stress.
Working hard for something we love is called passion."
Keywords: Inventive-Group, Boise , Hot Rod Mechanic, Other , Mountain Home, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!