Superintendent, Heavy Civil (Earthwork/Grading)
Company: RALPH L. WADSWORTH CONSTRUCTION COMPANY
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Ralph L Wadsworth is looking for a Heavy Civil
Superintendentwith Earthwork and grading experience in Boise,
If you are interested, please contact me at ...@wadsco.com or call
Essential Responsibilities and Abilities
The Superintendent responsibilities and abilities include but are
not limited to the list below. Other duties may be assigned.
- Understand, enforce, and carry out Safety Policies.
- Create Job Hazard Analysis for assigned tasks and perform
- Read and understand plans, specifications and local building
- Schedules and documents all required inspections, quality
testing, or other compliance requirements.
- Comply with Dust Control, SWPPP, and environmental
- Complete daily reports including, employee hours, quantities
completed, and daily diary.
- Read and understand project baseline schedules and generate
three-week construction schedules weekly.
- Schedule and order materials, inspections, equipment and work
force in order to meet project schedules, productions and
- Directly supervise jobsite crews to ensure that workmanship
conforms to specifications and the adherence to construction
- Confers with and directs personnel and subcontractors engaged
in planning and executing work, interpreting specifications, and
coordinating various phases of construction to prevent delays.
- Maintain a general knowledge of equipment used on the job
including basic understanding of equipment limits and design
- Manage all day-to-day operations on the project and keep the
project management team apprised. Supervisory Responsibilities
- Manage Forepersons and all craft personnel (Dirt, pipe,
structure crews) assigned to the project. Crew make up will vary
dependent upon project size. Responsible for the overall direction,
coordination, and evaluation of these units. Carries out
supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's
policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training
employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; addressing
complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A minimum of 5 years of earthwork and roadway superintendent or
Foreperson work experience leading heavy equipment crews (e.g.
grader, trackhoe, backhoe, loader, dirt crews, pipe crews)
- A minimum of 10 years of work experience and understanding of
all phases of roadway construction (dirt excavation work,
underground utilities, grading, etc.)
- A minimum of 10 years of reading blueprint and specs for
roadway earth work projects
- Pass driver license and criminal background check
- Competitive pay + truck allowance
- Health Benefits
- Vacation Pay
- Holiday Pay
- Annual Bonus
- 401k retirement plan + 5% company match
- Growth and advancement
We are an equal opportunity employer: We do not discriminate based
on race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, disability, age, genetic information,
marital status, military status, membership or activity in a local
human rights commission, or status with regard to public
assistance, or any other characteristic protected by applicable
law. Associated topics: administrator, custom, gcc, healthcare,
manager, project manager, site, site supervisor, superintendent,
Keywords: RALPH L. WADSWORTH CONSTRUCTION COMPANY, Boise , Superintendent, Heavy Civil (Earthwork/Grading), Other , Boise, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!