Heavy Civil Estimator- Boise, ID
Company: RALPH L. WADSWORTH CONSTRUCTION COMPANY
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Ralph L Wadsworth is looking for a Heavy Civil Estimator in
This position is responsible for preparing complete estimates for
assigned heavy highway, structures and heavy civil project(s) of
medium to large size and varying complexity.
If you are interested in this position, please contact Emily at
801-###-#### or email your resume to ...@wadsco.com
Job Responsibilities include:
Review proposal specifications, drawings, attend pre-bid meetings,
etc., to determine scope of work and required contents of
Review and analyze relevant historical data from cost reports and
records, etc., to gather unit and man hour data.
Prepare complete estimate for selected project with detailed review
of proposal specifications, drawings, takeoff information,
subcontracting plan, etc.
Maintain files of working documents (electronic and paper) as
back-up for estimate figures.
Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending
educational workshops; reviewing professional publications;
establishing personal networks; participating in professional
Experience presenting to and coordinating senior level meetings,
including preparation of agendas, documenting meeting minutes,
sending out documents to attendees.
Mentoring and teaching of younger estimators will be required.
Education and Skills Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering or Construction
Management preferred, equivalent combinations of technical training
and/or equivalent experience considered.
- 10+ years of heavy civil/highway construction estimating
experience with preference for underground utility experience.
- Experience working with medium to large heavy civil/highway
projects ($10-$50 million dollar projects)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools including Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, and MS Outlook Exchange.
- AgTEK Bluebeam, or Planswift Takeoff experience desirable &
Primavera Scheduling desirable.
- Proficiency with HCSS Heavy Bid (preferred) or Hard Dollar EOS
- CMAR, CMGC, and Design Build exposure desirable.
- Strong project estimating skills with ability to prioritize and
manage multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation
- Strong Interpersonal/human relations skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships, communicates
effectively at all levels of the organization, and lead through
influence - with the purpose of driving change and delivering
We are an equal opportunity employer: We do not discriminate based
on race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, disability, age, genetic information,
marital status, military status, membership or activity in a local
human rights commission, or status with regard to public
assistance, or any other characteristic protected by applicable
law. Associated topics: analyse, analysis, bid, cost estimator,
estimator, financial, financial analyst, purchase, quote,
Keywords: RALPH L. WADSWORTH CONSTRUCTION COMPANY, Boise , Heavy Civil Estimator- Boise, ID, Other , Boise, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!