Central Processing Tech - Full-Time, Evenings
Company: Saint Alphonsus Health System
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Employment Type:Full timeShift:Evening ShiftDescription:At Saint
Alphonsus Health System, we are looking for people who are living
out their calling. We want you to be passionate about coming to
work, and challenged to achieve your potential. Living by these
virtues, we pride ourselves on exceptional service and the highest
quality of care.This is a Full Time Evening shift position.The
Central Processing Tech performs and coordinates the activities of
the central processing area of the clinical laboratory. Accountable
for quality and quantity of all inpatient and outpatient clinical
laboratory specimens sent for in-house testing and to reference
laboratories. Responsible for billing functions for reference
laboratories. Registers patient specimens received from outside
locations. Works cooperatively with TVL laboratories for all
specimens received for testing Serves as a resource for all
clinical staff with regards to laboratory test questions. Serves as
a resource for clinical staff with regards to ordering laboratory
tests in the EMR. Reports directly to the POCT Laboratory
Coordinator.SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.GOOD TO HAVE:
- Some college education or associate degree preferred.
- Courses requiring lab work a plus. Prior experience working in
a hospital setting or reference laboratory preferred.ESSENTIAL
- Knows, understands, incorporates, and demonstrates the
Organization's Mission, Vision, and Values in behaviors, practices,
- Receives and processes specimens according to established
- Handles "add on" lab tests and specimens.
- Promptly delivers specimens to appropriate departments for
testing and alerts staff when there is a STAT.
- Monitors quality control of processing issues to ensure patient
- Troubleshoots lab order and specimen errors.
- Utilizes multiple computer resources to research, comprehend
and answer clinical questions in regards to lab testing
- Ensures the accuracy of documenting services and supplies
provided to the patients for revenue management.
- Correctly and promptly, packages and ships specimens to outside
locations for testing.
- Accurately fills out and maintains forms, requisitions and logs
as necessary. Accurately registers patients into the hospital
information system according to registrationdepartment protocols
- Investigates and resolves all errors and complaints concerning
central processing under supervision of supervisor or technologist.
Uses the specimen tracking system for specimen tracking or
retrieval. Prioritizes work in order to maximize efficiency and
deliver STAT's in a timely manner. Assists with front office and
phlebotomy areas when needed. Uses spare time effectively by
filing, stocking or helping other areas within the laboratory.
- Must have a good working knowledge of medical terminology, and
solid computer skills.
- Must be able to type at least 40 words per minute.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with patients,
hospital staff, co-workers, and outside customers.Why Saint
- We are serious about fostering an environment focused on
personal and professional growth and offer opportunities that
empower our colleagues to develop their careers.
- Saint Alphonsus Health System is a four-hospital regional,
non-profit, faith-based, Catholic ministry with over 4,300
associates and a 950+ medical staff which serve 700,000 people in
Idaho and Oregon.
- We are anchored by the only Level II Trauma Center in the
region, Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center (Boise), providing
the most experienced care to the most critically ill patients.
- Centers of Excellence include: Cardiovascular, Neuroscience,
Oncology, Orthopedics, Trauma & Emergency and Women's &
Children's.Colleagues of Saint Alphonsus Health System enjoy
competitive compensation with a full benefits package and
opportunity for growth throughout SAHS and Trinity Health!Visit
www.saintalphonsus.org/careers to learn more about the benefits,
culture, and career development opportunities available to you at
Saint Alphonsus Health System.Visit Saint Alphonsus on LinkedIn,
Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Twitter!Saint Alphonsus and
Trinity Health are committed to promoting diversity in its
workforce and to providing an inclusive work environment where
everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect. We are
committed to recruit and retain a diverse staff reflective of the
communities we serve. Saint Alphonsus and Trinity Health are equal
opportunity employers and prohibit discrimination against any
individual with regard to race, color, religion, gender, marital
status, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or
any other characteristic protected by law.Our Commitment to
Diversity and InclusionTrinity Health is a family of 115,000
colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25
states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are
trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions,
language preferences, and health practices of the communities that
we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health
outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of
thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often
lead to innovative solutions.Our dedication to diversity includes a
unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment,
retention, and development), commitment and accountability,
communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Keywords: Saint Alphonsus Health System, Boise , Central Processing Tech - Full-Time, Evenings, Other , Boise, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!