Operator - Evap/Dryer Rotating Shifts
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Operate evaporators and dryer in a safe, sanitary manner.
Operations include cream pasteurizing, condensing and drying of
product, cleaning of cream pasteurizer, evaporator, dryer and
related equipment, and documenting accurate recordings of test
results while in operation. Cleaning of the cream pasteurizer,
evaporator and dryer includes hand cleaning parts, clean-in-place
operations, and dry cleaning on a daily basis.
What You Will Do: (other duties may be assigned):
* Know proper established start up and shut down procedures.
* Maintain proper moisture and quality of product being
* Monitor moisture, fat and scorched particles at least once per
hour and enter in log sheet while operating.
* Check inside of dryer for powder build up, and react accordingly
to findings. (Inform supervisor of any problems during CIP of
* Inspect tailings.
* Inspect sifter screen, magnet and report to supervisor any
* Properly clean evaporator and dryer.
* Test CIP solution strengths and log on CIP log.
* Service pumps and valves as needed and/or per preventative
* Aid in the training of new personnel
* Report immediately to supervisor of any damage, irregular
activity, or unsafe conditions concerning the equipment
* Maintain a clean and safe work area. Facility must remain in
inspection ready status at all times.
* Follow all company safety, working, and Good Manufacturing
Practices (GMP) rules.
* Perform other duties as assigned by management.
What You Will Bring:
* Ability to work independently without minimal supervision in a
fast paced environment
* Attention to detail, must be able to complete multiple and
repetitive tasks, must be committed to accuracy and quality.
* Ability to make decisions on equipment operation based on test
* Work with others to achieve team goals.
* Ability to ascend and descend stairs frequently
* Must be available for multiple shifts in a 24/7 environment.
* Must maintain high attendance standards and be trusted with a
high level of responsibility.
* Must be capable of heavy lifting (up to 50 pounds) and stand for
* Experience in a manufacturing environment, mechanical skills
* A High School diploma or equivalent (GED)
* Must work in a safe, efficient manner and follow all safety
procedures including the use of safety equipment.
* Must have the ability to troubleshoot small problems, and be able
to discern when issues may require input from levels of authority
within the corporation.
* Must be willing to ask for assistance when the process is
* Good verbal and written communication skills.
* Basic computational skills required. Simple math reasoning
* Must be able to operate the equipment effectively after the
appropriate break-in period.
Must have the ability to apply common sense and understanding to
carry out instructions given in written, oral, or diagram form.
Nice To Have's:
* High school diploma or equivalent preferred
* 1 year production experience preferred
We understand that as an employee, benefits that support you and
your family in and out of work are important. We are proud to offer
eligible positions a competitive total rewards package - that
* Employer 401K contribution of up to 9%
* Comprehensive medical, dental & vision benefits
* Employer paid life & disability coverage
* Paid time off and paid Holidays
* 8 weeks paid paternal Leave
* Education assistance
* Community giving through matching donations
* Access to great dairy products & participation in our employee
butter purchase program
Our Commitment to Diversity
Achieving our vision to Lead Dairy Forward requires cultivating and
supporting a team with varying backgrounds, experiences, and
perspectives. We are committed to providing a workplace based on
mutual respect where all employees feel included and can bring
their best and authentic selves to work every day. We are proud to
be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer.
We welcome all qualified applicants without regard to race, color,
national origin, sex, gender identity and expression, age, sexual
orientation, veteran status, disability, marital status, creed,
religion, genetic information, or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state, or local law. As a condition of
employment applicants offered a role will be required to s
Keywords: Darigold, Boise , Operator - Evap/Dryer Rotating Shifts, Other , Jerome, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!