RMC Referral Clerk- Mt. Home, ID
Company: Signature Performance
Location: Mountain Home
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Job Description Who We Are: Signature Performance is working
hard at lowering healthcare administrative costs for federal
government agencies, payers, and providers. At Signature, our
mission is to improve the health of our clients' business and
making the lives of the people we work with better. We do that by
leading with our values of Passion, Courage, Integrity, and Respect
in all interactions. What We Offer: Signature believes in fully
developing each one of our Associates. We deliver a
performance-driven atmosphere with competitive pay, world-class
training and development classes, resources, and events, an
award-winning culture to thrive in, and so much more. Summary: This
position provides clerical/administrative support in the Referral
Management Center for customer service, referral tracking, referral
appointing, and reporting activities. This position will support
the daily functions of specialty care referral appointing, referral
review and coordination, beneficiary counseling and referral
tracking at the MTF. Basic Qualifications:
- A fully qualified typist with a minimum of 50 WPM is
- General medical ethics, telephone etiquette, and excellent
communication and customer service skills.
- General office administrative and clerical skills to perform
receptionist duties and answer telephones.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in
- Education; High school diploma or General Educational
Development (GED) equivalency. Preferred Qualifications:
- Preferred two (2) years of healthcare administrative experience
in either an inpatient or outpatient care setting within the last
three (3) years. Work Environment/Physical Requirements:
- The work is primarily sedentary. However, there may be some
physical demands. Requirements include prolonged walking, standing,
sitting, or bending. Unique Military Health Care
- The Composite Health Care System (CHCS) and the newest version,
Armed Forces Health Longitudinal Technology Application (AHLTA), or
other MTF ICD-B programs must be utilized for referral management
services. Access will be granted by local MTF connectivity, and the
contractor shall comply with MHS communications and Government IT
security standards and policies. The military facility will provide
system accounts for Referral Case Management (RMC) personnel after
required training and security procedures have been completed by
the contractor. If the Military Health Service processes moves away
from specified systems, the government will modify the task order
accordingly. Performance Outcomes:
- Greets patients/visitors at a front desk, referral center or
- Answers main office phone line(s). Directs telephone calls to
appropriate section for assistance, handles independently or takes
messages as required.
- Reviews referrals for administrative completeness and research
covered benefits prior to processing.
- Determines patient eligibility for services and arranges and
schedules medical appointments for referred care.
- Provides general instructions to patients and ensures patients
have necessary documentation for referred health care
- Obtains updates and files medical records as needed.
- Organizes and researches patient records, extract needed
information, and review records for referral results within
- Request medical records and ensures arrival of medical records
prior to appointment(s).
- Initiates and locates patient medical records as needed.
- Obtains documentation as requested by healthcare providers
(test results, or documentation not yet filed in records).
- Ensures referral results are returned to the referring provide
and to the medical record within required timelines. Assists with
follow up, written or verbal, as necessary.
- Utilizes the referral tracking data collection tool. Calculates
metrics, and compiles monthly reports, as directed by the MTF.
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United
States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at
the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this
- Certain positions may be subject to additional background
screening depending on client need and access to certain
- This position will require you to have the ability to
effectively operate the current computer system, telephone system,
and other office machines such as copier and fax machines.
- You will be responsible for conducting business and personal
affairs in a manner that is always a credit to the company. Must
maintain a good credit rating while employed with the company.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general
nature of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required
of personnel so classified. Work Schedule Monday - Friday 7:30 -
4:30 Position Type Full-time
Keywords: Signature Performance, Boise , RMC Referral Clerk- Mt. Home, ID, Other , Mountain Home, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...