Crop Advisor (Cozad, NE)
Company: Disability Solutions
Posted on: September 17, 2023
The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held
organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and
agriculture-related businesses. We are a true farm-to-table company
with operations that touch every aspect of agriculture, including
seed production, farming and ranching, plant sciences, fertilizer
manufacturing, food processing, commercial product development, and
distribution.SummaryThis Simplot Grower Solutions role provides
customer service to growers through the sale of crop nutrition,
crop protection, seed, specialty, technology and other agronomic
products and consultative services. The role is led under the
general direction of the Area Sales Manager, who provides support
and leadership to all Crop Advisors within specifically recognized
agronomic geographies to achieve the Company's financial goals and
operational objectives.Key Responsibilities
- Promote and live the Simplot brand as the best-in-class
Agricultural distributor. Grow new business and manage a customer
base within a defined area to meet and exceed area sales and
profitability goals and gross margin targets.
- Seek out product and service opportunities for current
customers that enhance both Simplot and the customer's bottom line.
Market products to growers by initiating sales calls, providing
advice and consultative services, and monitoring individualized
agronomic programs in respect to use of crop protection, crop
nutrition, seed, specialty, technology and other related areas.
Emphasize and sell proprietary products where appropriate to
- Collaborate with other Crop Advisors, as directed by Region
Managers and/or Market Managers, to increase knowledge, develop
sales, marketing, manage customer relationships and increase
profits in the Sales Area.
- Regularly interface with the Region Manager and Market Manager
to execute market strategies, report sales trends and competitor
activities, as well as opportunities and challenges in the
- Ensure adequate follow-through in regards to operational
aspects of the business such as delivery, application and billing
are handled appropriately. Regularly and reliably communicate with
operations to ensure strong performance in delivery and service
- Maintain customer agronomic records, assist in establishing
customer financial records and collaborate with the Area Financial
Services Manager in the establishment of credit and resolution of
credit matters.Typical Education
- Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) from 4 year college or
university is preferred--(Equivalent experience of education and
experience will be considered for meeting the minimum requirements
of the role).Relevant Experience
- Established book-of-business is highly desired.
- 1-3 years of similar experience in the industry is
- Required computer skills include knowledge of Microsoft Office,
Excel and Outlook.
- Demonstrated focus on meeting customer expectations and working
to deliver excellent customer service.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing with
management, other team members, and customers.
- Must be self-driven, self-motivated, and customer
service-oriented, while being an effective team player.
- CCA and PCA are preferred.--Job Requisition ID:-- 15106Travel
Required: Less than 10%Pay Grade: Crop Advisor GradeLocation(s):
Remote - USACountry: United StatesWage range or rate of pay:
$75,000-$95,000-- Plus annual incentive plan eligibilityThe
compensation offered to the successful applicant may vary based on
factors including experience, skills, education, location, and
other job-related reasons.Attractive total rewards package that
- Medical, dental, vision coverage
- 401(k) savings plan
- Paid Family Building Leave
- Generous Paid Time Off - Eligible employees may accrue up to
160 hours in year 1
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Relocation Assistance Program (where applicable)
- Education Assistance
- Benefits details available at simplotbenefits.com**The J.R.
Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and
will consider all qualified applicants for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age,
sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic
information, physical or mental disability, medical condition,
sexual orientation, military or veteran status, marital status, or
any other protected status.*
Keywords: Disability Solutions, Boise , Crop Advisor (Cozad, NE), Other , Boise, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!