Materials Planner - Happy Family Organics, ID
Company: Danone North America
Posted on: January 16, 2020
Happy Family Organics has been on a mission to change the
trajectory of children s health through nutrition since the company
launched on Mother s Day in 2006. As the largest and fastest
growing organic baby food brand in the country, we are constantly
innovating to provide families with the best possible products,
solutions, and resources for their evolving needs. From day one, we
provide organic nutrition and support for your baby s feeding
journey, whether that s breast or formula feeding all the way
through starting solids and picky eating. We thoughtfully craft
organic meals and snacks with curated ingredients that are
appropriate for each baby, toddler, and kid s age and stage to help
support a lifetime of wellness.
Happy Family Organics is looking for a Materials Planner in Boise,
This position reports to the Supply Planning Manager and is
responsible for material inventories for a specified category to
support finished goods production plans, minimize obsolescence and
provide overall cost containment. The buyer must be able to
communicate with all internal parties and manage key supplier
relationships. They are involved in growing and maintaining the
companies relevant business systems (SAP, MRP, etc.).
* Place raw material purchase orders for Happy Family.
* Overall responsibility for material plans for specified
* Ensure overall MRP system (both within SAP and in external
processes) maintained and overall system planning is optimized.
Conduct regular consistent reviews of all parameters and update
based on new criteria.
* Lead & conduct material planning meetings with suppliers,
ensuring all material plans are adequate from DOS and obsolescence
targets in the long and short term.
* Daily and/or weekly coordination with suppliers to track
lead-times on open orders to ensure timely delivery.
* Provide timely updates for open orders and scheduled deliveries
to relevant internal parties.
* Work with the Purchasing, Planning, and Production teams to help
maintain purchasing schedules and proper inventory levels; optimize
* Develop KPIs to monitor performance, timely deliverables, process
and operations throughput
* Establish clear communication channels with functional
departments and management levels as-well-as sourcing partners.
* Track and Assist in resolution of at-risk on-hand and/or contract
* Data entry into SAP Business One; crucial for maintaining data
integrity that s used cross-functionally
* Assist in new supplier evaluation and set up in internal business
* Manage and resolve all day to day supplier service issues and
escalate to procurement as needed.
* Participate in weekly supply planning team meetings with
counterparts in finished good planning, deployment, forecasting and
procurement to deliver key KPIs - service, DOS, forecast accuracy,
material SS, obsolescence minimization and sourcing
* Demonstrated understanding of supply chain processes and safety
stock optimization strategies
* Demonstrated understanding of materials management & supplier
* SAP knowledge a plus
* APICS certification desired
* Strong project management/organization skills
* Success in problem solving and critical thinking
* Achieve results effectively
* Anticipates and is proactive
* Develop cross-functional effectiveness
* 4-year degree in Math or Supply Chain preferred
* Experience 0-2 years with a 4-year degree in supply chain,
management or mathematics
* 3-5 years of experience with no degree
* Experience in CPG industry - preferred
* Ability to take thoughtful risks
* Apics certification preferred
Interfaces with: Forecasting & Master Planning, Production,
Procurement, R&D, QA, Contract Manufacturers, 3rd Party
Warehouses, Vendors & Suppliers.
As champions of organic, every product in our line is certified
USDA organic, which means our food has no artificial hormones,
toxic persistent pesticides or GMOs just healthy ingredients from
earth-friendly organic farms. We know that only a healthy planet
can grow healthy food, and are committed to cultivating a
sustainable world for little ones today and for future generations.
From our WIC-authorized Clearly Crafted Jars to our free online
live chat with lactation specialists and registered dietitians, we
put babies and parents first, with support for every family. Happy
Family Organics is a Certified B Corp . To learn more, please
visit: https://bcorporation.net/directory/happy-family-brands. For
additional information, please visit
Happy Family Organics is owned by Danone, a global food company
holding top positions in healthy food through its four businesses:
Fresh Dairy Products, Early Life Nutrition, Waters, and Medical
Nutrition. For more information about Danone and Happy Family
Organics, its people and its business, please visit danone.com.
Danone - Happy Family, is an equal employment and affirmative
action employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration without regard to race, color, religion, disability,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other unlawful
Nearest Major Market: Boise
Nearest Secondary Market: Meridian
Job Segment: ERP, Supply, SAP, Quality Assurance, QA, Technology,
Keywords: Danone North America, Boise , Materials Planner - Happy Family Organics, ID, Professions , Boise, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!