Procurement Category Leader, (Construction & MRO
Company: Simplot Company
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Procurement Category Leader, (Construction & MRO) The J.R.
Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization, with
roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related
businesses. The J.R. Simplot Company is a true farm-to-table
company with operations that touch every aspect of agriculture,
including seed production, farming and ranching, plant sciences,
fertilizer manufacturing, food processing, commercial product
development, and distribution. Summary The Category Leader will
focus on Category planning for Simplot's Construction, Engineering
and Capital projects. He/she will be expected to have a continuous
portfolio pipeline to drive the procurement process across the
entire category landscape. This includes establishing a long-term
3+ year strategy and plan to drive value across the enterprise for
the assigned spend categories. Category strategies include spend
analysis/mapping, external market analysis, "should-cost" analysis,
vendor management and establishing multi-year portfolio for
multiple high-level critically, high-level complexity and large
sized spend categories.-- Key Responsibilities
- Manage and develop a team of Category Manager and/or
- Develops category plans and portfolios for multiple large sized
spend categories with high-level criticality and complexity in the
MRO, Construction, Engineering and Operations area.
- Build strong stakeholder relationships to prioritize and
deliver on portfolio projects across all leadership levels of the
- Direct all strategic vendor relationships and performance to
ensure delivery of service, quality, cost and supply
- Run sourcing projects including RFI, RFP, RFQ and contract
- Implementation of sourcing projects and operationalization of
contracts to realize savings.
- Ensures the utilization of procurement standard processes,
tools, and policies.
- Develops and achieves functional performance metrics and goals.
- Bachelor's Degree (B.A. or B.S.) from 4 year college or
- 8+ years related experience and/or training
- Knowledge/experience in a commercial/procurement role
- Knowledge working in business or functional unit supported by
- Excellent sales, presentation, negotiation, and market/data
- High degree of industry experience in the specific category
- MS Office
- Good sales, presentation, negotiation and market data/analysis
- "Should Cost" modeling
- Strategic Cost Management
- Experience in corporate capital procurement processes
- Understanding of procurement project controls and project
- Ability to speak spanish is preferred Job Requisition ID:--3179
Travel Required:--Up to 50% Country:--United States **The J.R.
Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and
will consider all qualified applicants for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age,
sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic
information, physical or mental disability, medical condition,
sexual orientation, military or veteran status, marital status, or
any other protected status.** If you require technical assistance,
please email us at email@example.com.
Keywords: Simplot Company, Boise , Procurement Category Leader, (Construction & MRO, Professions , Boise, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!