GIS Data Analyst
Company: Perpetua Resources
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Perpetua Resources Idaho, Inc. currently has employment
opportunities available for a full time GIS Data Analyst. This
technically capable employee maintains, updates, and develops
spatial (GIS) and non-spatial (tabular) scientific and engineering
data. The analyst will create research ready products and final
data and analysis products to support the development of the
Stibnite Gold Project using advanced technical skills.
These positions can be located at the Boise office or Donnelly
Submit Cover Letter, Resume and Compelling Data Visualization (does
not need to be created by applicant) to
Under the direction of the Systems Architect, working with the
software packages ArcGIS PRO, AutoCAD, Excel, and Python scripting,
the Analyst will perform the following types of work:Build and
maintain property ownership and rights using a parcel fabric
- Building and updating feature datasets (GIS data) from a
variety of sources while maintaining metadata standards. This may
involve digitizing, aggregating, or entering data. This may be
current or historic data. These work products will be used by
various teams, both internal and external, and be used to proceed
in developing the project.
- Performing QAQC to ensure high quality data products via visual
inspection, topologies, scripted analysis, and other
- Developing visually appealing and effective maps and graphics
for reports and presentations by Perpetua Resources team
- Automating tasks through scripting and model builder.
- In conjunction with the Systems Architect, establish GIS
guidelines and protocols for various departments, consultants, and
other external entities. This will include developing a strategy
for adoption of enterprise GIS and data management
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills / Qualifications:
- ArcGIS PRO experience. This should be demonstrated as having
five years of desktop GIS experience with at least one year
primarily using ArcGIS PRO.
- Familiarity with geoprocessing techniques including use and
manipulation of LiDAR, raster, and triangulated data types. An
understanding of geographic and geodetic projection
- Experience in 3D drafting or modeling and familiarity with
- Microsoft Excel experience. It is expected there would be
familiarity with Excel to do basic table functions and data
exploration using graphing and filtering along with more advanced
skills such as joining, pivoting, and wrangling using base
functions, with pivot tables, or PowerQuery will be highly
- Usable knowledge with a scripting language such as Python or R
is preferred. This can supplant the required experience to be able
to do data wrangling in Excel.
- Strong data type and structure knowledge. Including an
understanding of physical and spatiotemporal scientific data
sufficient to facilitate building research ready data and
appropriate utilize that data in geographic analysis under the
direction of scientists and engineers.
- An understanding of land ownership in a PLSS environment.
Skills and knowledge to update and maintain land ownership records
and maps. Familiarity with parcel fabrics in ArcGIS.
- Ability to interface with GPS in both collecting and providing
- Advanced personal computer (PC) end user abilities in a Windows
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in
- Effective use of the MS Office 365 suite of program to
accomplish common business tasks.
Minimum Qualifications for Analyst position:
- BA or BS Degree in Geology, Geography, or three years doing
technical GIS work in a related field,
- With two or more years as a GIS Analyst.
- Three to five years' experience with the software packages ESRI
ArcGIS PRO and preferably other CAD based software such as AutoCAD,
MineSight, Vulcan, etc.
- Ability to read and write the English language and produce
clear and concise technical graphics and documents.
Perpetua Resources owns the world class Stibnite Gold Project,
located in a historic mining district in central Idaho. In 2014, an
independent PFS demonstrated potential for a large-scale,
long-life, low-cost open pit gold mine that stands out from its
peers. The Company filed its Plan of Restoration and Operations in
September 2016 which has launched the formal permitting process for
mine development. Well-funded and with a multi-million ounce
high-grade open-pit gold reserve, important antimony credits and
significant room for further growth, the Stibnite Gold Project is
one of North America's premier development stories.
Competitive benefits package; including vacation and holiday pay,
health insurance and 401k retirement plan.
Submit application, resume, & compelling data visualization (does
not need to be created by applicant) to
Keywords: Perpetua Resources, Boise , GIS Data Analyst, Professions , Boise, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!