Company: Farwest Steel Corporation
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionDoes Farwest Fit You?
- Willing to learn
- Rapid advancement potential
- Shift/lead differentials
- Incentive program for employees at all levels
- Full benefits with options to suit everyoneJoin a growing,
dynamic company with operations across the western US! Learn more
at www.farweststeel.com/careersAvailability: Swing Shift Purpose of
the Position:To process orders cut on the burning machines and
assist in other areas of the warehouse as needed while following
all safety policies and procedures. Perform clean up duties as
needed to maintain safe and organized work area throughout the
shift. Major Duties:
- Identify parts associated with a specific order, process parts
and clean up per instructions on the work order using grinders and
hand tools. Follow the parts processing six step procedures.
- Communicate effectively with coworkers and related shifts.
- Stack parts on pallets or in bundles and mark with pertinent
information from the work order, for delivery or storage.
- Remove small cut parts from the burning tables by hand when
- Stack parts on pallets or in bundles, and mark with pertinent
information from the work order for delivery or storage.
- Identify all questionable quality issues and present them for
review by the supervisor to ensure that customer expectations are
met on every order.
- Load and unload vehicles including inbound deliveries and
customer will calls, while representing the highest standard of a
Farwest Steel employee.
- Sort some parts and put in tubs, then take the parts to the
- Forklift operation at times along with some jib crane and
overhead crane operation.Minimum Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Continuous mental and/or visual attention to work tasks is
required to monitor safety conditions the production process,
attention to important details of the process of parts preparation
and delivery to Customers.
- Warehouse training or prior experience of at least 12 months
- Must be able to read and write in English to be able to follow
written instructions and record work activities performed.
- Math ability to figure piece counts and read a tape measure
etc. including converting decimals to fractions and vise versa.
Farwest is an Equal Opportunity Employer & Drug Free Workplace. We
honor our veterans!Work Opportunity Tax CreditFarwest Steel
Corporation & Affiliates participate in the Work Opportunity Tax
Credit program. ADP Tax Credits administers this program on our
behalf. It is vital that you follow the steps listed below in order
for the tax credits to be processed. We appreciate your
- Open https://tcs.adp.com/screen/index.html?cc=farweststeel
- Note: To change the language on screen please select a language
from the dropdown box
- Click on Continue to begin
- Please answer each question
- Eligible candidates will be asked to Click Finish and
Electronically Sign to complete the interview.
- Ineligible candidates will be asked to click Continue to finish
the interview. You will not be asked to electronically sign.*ADP
will contact WOTC-eligible new hires via email or text to request
proof of age or address documentation, when needed.Powered by
Keywords: Farwest Steel Corporation, Boise , Production Assistant, Professions , Boise, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!