Maintenance Tech- I
Company: Terraces of Boise - a HumanGood community
Posted on: June 23, 2022
GENERAL STATEMENT OF POSITIONUnder direct supervision,
Maintenance Technician I performs unskilled maintenance work in the
daily and preventive care, repair, and maintenance of building
systems and equipment; performs plumbing, electrical, roofing,
flooring, masonry, painting, mechanical, and carpentry work. - This
is an entry-level position which serves as apprentice for
Maintenance Technicians Level II. - - As a representative and team
member of environmental services department, this position is
expected to present oneself in a manner that reflects
professionalism and ensures resident satisfaction.SCOPEBudget
Responsibility - NoneREPORTS TO - Maintenance SupervisorPOSITION
CLASSIFICATION FLSA Classification - Non ExemptJob Category -
Regular Full-TimeEssential FunctionsThe following duties are normal
for this position. - These are not exclusive or all-inclusive.
Other duties may be required and assigned. -Work Duties
- Perform assigned maintenance duties and routine preventive
maintenance. Identify deficiencies and follow procedure for
- Maintain all tools, equipment and supplies in proper condition,
and notifies supervisors to ensure adequate replacements are
available as needed;
- Assist with refurbishment projects and repairs;
- Install, finish, repair, paint, remove and dispose of drywall
or other material;
- Pick up and deliver supplies;
- Operate maintenance equipment not limited to hand or power
tools, company vehicles, or snow blowers;
- Provide data for maintenance reports as requested;
- Performs electrical work such as repairing and replacing
switches, receptacles, lights, and motors;
- Performs minor plumbing repairs and installations;
- Responds to work orders in a timely manner and performs follow
up calls as needed;
- Completes work within scheduled time frame, according to budget
and priority set by supervisor;
- Repairs and maintains equipment in resident units and in
- Maintains emergency equipment for Facility systems;
- Monitors and repairs flooring and roof as well as ensures that
roof is free of debris and excess materials;
- General plumbing tasks such as changing out faucets, mixing
valves, plunging a toilet, replacing a wax ring, rebuilding a
toilet, clearing drains;
- General electrical tasks such as lock out/tag out, bulb
replacement, ballast replacement, fixture change out, fuse
replacement, light switch/outlet replacement.;
- Change bulbs, HVAC filters, and batteries;
- Hang pictures, blinds, hardware;
- Assemble furniture and move furniture;
- Performs minor carpentry work;
- Maintains work areas in a clean and orderly manner to promote
effective and safe operations;
- Utilizes a wide array of tools such as carpentry tools,
electrical tools, mechanical tools, masonry tools, and plumbing
- May perform painting tasks, as assigned;
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance at work and
- Communicate effectively with team members, residents,
contractors, vendors, suppliers, and city, state and federal
officials as required, either in person, by phone, in writing, or
- Attends in-service training workshops and meetings as
- Comply with applicable federal, state and local laws, rules,
and regulations; maintain knowledge of and follows all company
policies and procedures;
- Conducts work tasks safely and in compliance with the facility
- Provides effective and courteous service to all residents,
guests and co-workers;
- Promotes and protects the rights of each resident;
- Performs related essential duties as required.Mission Essential
- Display behavior that supports the mission, vision and
- Displays the HumanGood Experience Behaviors
- Perform as One Team
- Deliver a Personalized Experience
- Be Responsible for Results
- Be Curious and Adaptable
- Understand and adhere to company, community and department
programs, policies and procedures.
- Understands and actively contributes to the Philosophy of
Person Directed Care while promoting individual growth and
potential within a culture of Successful Aging.
- Demonstrate behavior that supports the company's service
excellence culture program.
- Keep current knowledge and required certifications for quality
care and services mandated by federal and state law, and other
- Understand and adhere to federal and state laws governing
employee and resident rights.
- Communicate effectively to perform the essential functions of
the job. -KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM THE
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB -Knowledge
- Physical location and layout of facility;
- Basic principles, techniques, and methods used in the
maintenance and repair of plumbing systems;
- Basic principles, techniques, and methods used in the
maintenance and repair of electrical systems;
- Basic methods and techniques for paint application; safe
utilization and operation of a variety of machinery, tools, and
equipment used in the completion of daily tasks.Skills
- Basic skills to assist in safely repairing plumbing, electrical
or other machinery used in completion of tasks as maintenance
- Basic carpentry skills.
- Decision making skills
- Problem solving skills
- Effective verbal and listening
- Communications skills
- Time management skillsAbilities
- Follow written and oral instructions
- Ability to operate, maintain and perform minor repairs to
powered maintenance related equipment including
- Operate hand toolsWorkstyle Characteristics
- Integrity - honest and ethical.
- Cooperative - pleasant with others, good-natured, and
- Dependable - reliable and responsible, fulfilling duties.
- Attention to Detail - careful about detail and thorough in
completing work tasks.
- Concern for Others - sensitive to other's needs and feelings;
helpful and understanding.
- Adaptable/Flexible - open to change (positive or negative) and
to variety in the workplace.
- Stress Tolerance - accepts criticism and deals calmly and
effectively with stress situations.
- Independent - develops own way of doing; guides self with
little or no supervision; depends on self to complete tasks.
- Initiative - willingness to take on challenges and
- Leadership - willingness to lead, take charge, and offer
opinions and direction.
- Achievement/Effort - establishing and maintaining personally
challenging achievement goals and exerting effort toward mastering
- Analytical thinking - analyzing information and using logic to
address work-related issues and problems.Judgment and Reasoning
- Ability to apply principles of rational systems.
- Ability to use judgment and respond calmly in stressful
situations.Language Ability and Interpersonal Communication
- Ability to understand and correctly use various information
resources and documents including daily logs.
- Ability to prepare reports, correspondence, using prescribed
format and conforming to all rules of punctuation, grammar, diction
- Ability to explain ideas, in writing and orally, so others
- Ability to communicate effectively and hospitably, both orally
and in writing.
- Ability to listen to and understand information and ideas
presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Ability to recognize when something is wrong or is likely to go
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide and calculate
decimals, ratio and proportion, discount, interest, profit and
loss, percentage, commission, markup and fractions; and determine
time, weight, and measures.Environmental Adaptability
- Ability to work effectively in an office environment.
- Ability to work effectively in a health care facility
- Ability to work effectively in hot, cold, and wet conditions.
-MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS -Education -
- High school diploma or equivalent.Experience/Training -
- Up to one year of experience in a related field of building
maintenance or construction, or any equivalent combination of
training and experience which provides the required skills,
knowledge and abilities.Certificates, Licenses, Registrations -
- Attendance at a technical training institute or program
preferred. -PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTSThe physical activities required
to perform the essential functions of the position. - Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to coordinate eyes, hands and fingers in performing
semi-skilled movements, such as working with cordless drills and
drill presses, saws, snakes, air compressors, nail guns, cement
mixer, mechanical, carpenter tools, plumbing tools, heating and air
conditioning and painting tools;
- Ability to exert considerable force occasionally or frequently,
and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to
lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects;
- Ability to exert physical effort in medium to heavy work
involving walking, standing, sitting, or driving;
- Ability to operate a variety of hand tools and power tools
- Ability to exert a moderate amount of force frequently, and/or
a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects;
- Ability to bend, reach, stretch and grasp constantly.
- Ability to differentiate colors and shades of colors.The health
and safety of our team members and residents is our top priority
and with the increasing spread of variants of COVID-19, it is
critical that we do all we can to protect one another from this
disease.Where legally permissible, a new hire may begin working
after -showing proof of their first dose of a one-dose COVID
vaccination regimen or their second dose of a two-dose COVID
vaccination, or proof of a vaccination appointment within 7 days of
their start date. -Exemptions based on religious beliefs and
qualifying medical reasons will be considered. -
Keywords: Terraces of Boise - a HumanGood community, Boise , Maintenance Tech- I, Professions , Boise, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!