Senior Locate Technician
Company: Ada County Highway District
Location: Garden City
Posted on: January 22, 2023
Senior Locate Technician Applications are now being accepted for
a Senior Locate Technician in the Capital Projects department at
Ada County Highway District in the Boise, Idaho area. This position
is scheduled to work Monday – Friday 8am – 4:30pm. This position
requires some evening and / or weekend work. This is a full-time,
non-exempt position with a starting wage range of $21.30 – $24.50
per hour, DOQ. ACHD offers an excellent benefit package which
includes medical, vision and dental insurance, paid parental leave,
daycare assistance, paid vacation and holidays, 401K match and
membership in the Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho
• The Senior Locate Technician responds to utility locate requests
from a centralized dispatch center used by other agencies,
contractors, and property owners. They will be responsible for
managing the software/system used to receive the locate requests
and direct the work of the Locate Technicians.
• The Senior Locate Technician will provide training and technical
guidance to the Locate Technicians.
• Must be able to identify and mark underground utilities by
referencing utility prints, existing record drawings, District
software, using specific locating equipment, and performing field
• The nature of the work performed requires that an employee in
this classification establish and maintain cooperative working
relationships with contractors, developers, property owners, other
agencies, the general public and other District employees.
• Requires conceptual understanding of Districts infrastructure; a
good knowledge of utility locates and the required color associated
with each; Idaho damage prevention rules and statues; traffic
safety and work zone requirements.
• Must have the ability to work independently, be organized,
prioritize tasks, and demonstrate good time management skills; work
in all types of terrain and hazards (grass, gravel, uneven ground,
ditches, etc.), in all types of environments (roadway, public
right-of-way, etc.), and in all types of weather conditions;
operate a computer and related business software.
• Previous experience with locating equipment and methods is
• Good understanding of urban stormwater infrastructure and
previous GIS or CAD experience is preferred.
• Must possess an Idaho driver's license.
• Any equivalent combination of experience and training which
provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities may be
A completed ACHD Employment Application is required and must be
submitted to HR by 4:30 p.m., January 17, 2023. Applications are
available at 3775 Adams St., Garden City, ID or on our website at
An AA/EEO/ADA Employer Preference may be given to veterans who
qualify under state and federal laws and regulations.
Keywords: Ada County Highway District, Boise , Senior Locate Technician, Professions , Garden City, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!