Phlebotomy Technician Laboratory Part- Time, Day Shift
Company: Saint Alphonsus Health System
Posted on: September 20, 2023
Employment Type: Part time Shift: Day Shift Description: At
Saint Alphonsus Health System, we are looking for people who are
living out their calling. We want you to be passionate about coming
to work, and challenged to achieve your potential. Living by these
virtues, we pride ourselves on exceptional service and the highest
quality of care. We are seeking a Phlebotomy Lab Technician Part
time to work in Boise Saint Alphonsus Medical Center. The
Phlebotomist at Saint Alphonsus Health System will perform the
manual tasks involved with registering, ordering, proper
collection, labeling, processing, and distribution of specimens for
laboratory testing from patients of all ages. You will be
responsible for utilizing relevant computer programs and perform
data entry. -You'll serve as the central communication of the
laboratory for all incoming requests as well as maintaining quality
and quantity of specimens sent to reference laboratories and the
reporting of results received. Preferred:
- Phlebotomy certification.
- Experience in phlebotomy in a hospital setting is highly
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Essential
- Knows, understands, incorporates, and demonstrates the
Organization's Mission, Vision, and Values in behaviors, practices,
and decisions. -
- Demonstrates compliance with hospital safety policies and
procedures and practices safe work habits, including using
- Follows Saint Alphonsus Medical Center's patient identification
policy to correctly identify patients.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary in phlebotomy/front
office/central processing to provide care to patients of all
- Follows laboratory procedures and established safety practices
for collection and processing of specimens for analysis and
verifying specimen requirements for each collection.
- Exhibits an understanding of all laboratory/phlebotomy policies
- Effectively coordinates the registration of patients, or if
applicable, accurately registers patients according to the
registration department protocols and standards (> 85%).
- Accurately fills out and maintains forms, requisitions, and
logs as necessary.
- Utilizes the appropriate procedure, technique and materials for
each test ordered, while using good clinical judgment in the
- Assures that specimens are properly labeled, received,
transported, accessioned, processed, and aliquoted (if necessary).
- Handles "add on" lab tests and specimens.
- Promptly delivers specimens to appropriate departments for
testing and alerts staff when there is a STAT.
- Obtains blood samples from patients quickly, efficiently, and
with a minimum discomfort to patients.
- Differentiates stat requests from routine and timed samples.
Prioritizes draws and utilizes time management skills.
- Maintains a hygienic, well-stocked area for blood collection.
Ensuring that equipment is not out-dated and stock is rotated on a
- Performs laboratory support functions as assigned at all Saint
Alphonsus Medical Center locations, such as faxing, answering phone
calls and assisting patients.
- Has a basic understanding of the ABN process.
- Ensures the accuracy of instructions and supplies provided to
- Correctly and promptly, packages and ships STAT specimens to
outside locations for immediate testing.
- Handles printed reports and disposes of confidential reports
properly. - Sorts daily mail, distributes reports and documents
workload accurately if applicable. -
- Proficient in using the specimen tracking system for specimen
tracking or retrieval if applicable in the facility.
- Assists with orientation of new employees, students, and other
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients and hospital
- Good working knowledge of medical terminology Why Saint
- We are serious about fostering an environment focused on
personal and professional growth and offer opportunities that
empower our colleagues to develop their careers.
- Saint Alphonsus Health System is a four-hospital regional,
non-profit, faith-based, Catholic ministry with over 4,300
associates and a 950+ medical staff which serve 700,000 people in
Idaho and Oregon.
- We are anchored by the only Level II Trauma Center in the
region, Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center (Boise), providing
the most experienced care to the most critically ill patients.
- Centers of Excellence include: Cardiovascular, Neuroscience,
Oncology, Orthopedics, Trauma & Emergency and Women's & Children's.
Colleagues of Saint Alphonsus Health System enjoy competitive
compensation with a full benefits package and opportunity for
growth throughout SAHS and Trinity Health! Visit
www.saintalphonsus.org/careers to learn more about the benefits,
culture, and career development opportunities available to you at
Saint Alphonsus Health System. Visit Saint Alphonsus on LinkedIn,
Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Twitter! Saint Alphonsus and
Trinity Health are committed to promoting diversity in its
workforce and to providing an inclusive work environment where
everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect. We are
committed to recruit and retain a diverse staff reflective of the
communities we serve. Saint Alphonsus and Trinity Health are equal
opportunity employers and prohibit discrimination against any
individual with regard to race, color, religion, gender, marital
status, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or
any other characteristic protected by law. Our Commitment to
Diversity and Inclusion
- Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly
26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve
diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the
cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and
health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that
knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize
that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our
world and that these differences often lead to innovative
solutions. Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce
(through training and education, recruitment, retention, and
development), commitment and accountability, communication,
community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Keywords: Saint Alphonsus Health System, Boise , Phlebotomy Technician Laboratory Part- Time, Day Shift, Professions , Boise, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!