Senior Transportation Design Project Manger
Company: Kittelson & Associates
Posted on: September 10, 2018
Kittelson & Associates, Inc. (KAI) has an immediate opening for a Senior Transportation Design Project Manager in our Boise, Idaho office. We are looking for a talented, energetic professional to join the team to work on roadway and traffic engineering projects ranging from concept to final design.
KAI has been providing transportation engineering, planning, and research services to organizations throughout the U.S. since 1985. Our Boise office, part of the company's Northwest Region, has been in operation since 2003. Our core value is most simply described as "outward focus", which means we are committed to putting the needs of clients, staff, the profession, and family ahead of our own. Independence, outward focus, and trust define our relationship with our staff. Through thoughtful and targeted educational and professional development opportunities, meaningful work, and a healthy and collaborative work environment, we seek to empower staff as they improve the larger communities they serve.
As a Senior Transportation Design Project Manager at KAI, you will
- Provide roadway and intersection design guidance and support with responsibility for all aspects of project and client management, project development, business development and mentoring and guiding junior level staff.
- Orchestrate project teams of various sizes and skills and manage staff and subconsultants across multiple offices and locations.
- Be responsible for quality assurance and quality control through the development and review of construction plans, specifications and estimates.
- Interface with clients and look for and create opportunities to take on additional responsibility as you manage your own career path.
- Represent clients and the firm at project meetings, open houses and/or public hearings.
We're looking for candidates that have:
- 8+ years of civil engineering experience with an emphasis in roadway and intersection design and preparation of final design plans.
- Experience leading projects involving designs of the following elements: roadways, intersections, roundabouts, drainage, pedestrian/bicycle facilities, traffic signals, construction traffic control, illumination, and/or signing & striping.
- Applied advanced project management and scheduling principles for all sizes of transportation design projects.
- Experience with the management and coordination of multidisciplinary teams involving one or more subconsultants.
- A PE in either ID or MT and the willingness to obtain licensure in other states through reciprocity.
- Experience mentoring or training other staff in the technical elements of transportation design.
- Experience working with one or more of the following design software tools: Microstation, InRoads, Geopak, OpenRoads, and/or AutoCAD Civil 3D.
We're looking for candidates that are:
- Entrepreneurial by nature and ready to grow our firm's transportation design practice;
- Passionate for the transportation industry with a genuine commitment to the profession;
- Outward focused with an inherent belief in customer service, collaboration and teamwork;
- Excited to teach and mentor other staff;
- Comfortable working with little guidance or oversight in an organization with a relatively flat structure; and
- Eager to apply critical thinking to complex engineering problems and to communicate solutions to our clients, project stakeholders and the general public.
The professionals who now define our reputation and quality of work came to the company one by one, each bringing the commitment, initiative, inquisitiveness, and willingness to take risks that has led to our collective success. Our staff is committed to our overall firm purpose and mission to create and sustain a lifelong learning environment for all staff, increase the value and contributions of our profession and the communities we serve, and provide the opportunity for the independent success of all staff.
If you have a passion for what you do and want to work with a great team that is making a difference in Transportation today, we want to hear from you!
KAI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of veteran status or disability.
Keywords: Kittelson & Associates, Boise, Senior Transportation Design Project Manger, Professions, Boise, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!