Mid Level Civil/Structural Engineer
Company: Power Engineers
Posted on: May 23, 2020
Mid Level Civil/Structural Engineer
Passionate? Creative? Like to mix work and fun? Looking for a great
company to build your career? At POWER Engineers, Inc., you can
have a rewarding experience at every level. We are currently
looking for a structural engineer who is hungry for challenging and
meaningful work. In this role, you'll have the chance to make a
positive impact on the environment, participate in a range of
diverse and unique initiatives, and find the support, coaching, and
training you need to advance your career - all while working with a
great team of people who encourage new ideas and innovative
While we don't take ourselves too seriously, we take our work very
seriously. When it comes to our clients, our projects, and the
quality of our work, we don't spend any time kidding around. Being
our clients' first choice is our mission: our flexibility,
responsiveness, and deep technical skill are key to our clients'
and our own mutual success.
Let's get to the point: our Facilities Division seeks a Mid to
Senior Level Civil/Structural Engineer to join our team. Our group
specializes in high-performing projects with a focus on the future
in food and beverage, Federal projects, and industrial facility
design. Our goal is to deliver excellent projects hand-in-hand with
a positive experience for our clients and our communities alike.
You'll be asked to help design new buildings, remodels, and
additions as well as provide drafting for structural steel design
for industrial equipment supports, platforms, pipe racks, etc.Here
are a few things you can expect:
- A major component of our design process relies on Building
Information Modeling (BIM). In particular, the use of Autodesk
Revit Structural is one of the integrated collaboration tools used
in communicating 3-D design to our project teams, owners and
- There is a lot of latitude for decision making; we're not
interested in micromanaging.
- We expect everyone on the team to assume ownership for the
project's goals and success.
- When it comes to quality, we don't joke around. Each and every
project goes through a thorough QA/QC process. You will not simply
be drawing lines and doing math, but will be expected to be
self-motivated to deliver your best so as not to disappoint our
clients - or your team members.
- Compensation for this role is a combination of a salary and a
bonus structure based on performance.
- Bachelor's Degree with a Structural emphasis
- Candidate should 6+ years of experience and be able to perform
work requiring independent judgement, adaptation/modification of
engineering principles, procedures, and code requirements
- PE License required
- Competent in concrete, structural steel, and foundation
- Must have Finite element analysis experience, RISA 3D
- Ability to manage small projects with little oversight
- Must be effective in prioritizing and setting deadlines, while
also adapting to change
- Must be adaptable, able to problem solve, and able to learn and
apply new technologies with minimal support
- Good oral and written communication skills with cross
disciplinary team members
- Demonstrated ability to self-manage and produce results
- Ability to maintain and develop relationships with both
existing and potential clients and recognize their needs, respond
to and build on responsibilities accordingly
- Experience with Navisworks
- Experience with Revit (preferred)
- Deep Foundation design a plus
- Successful candidates will bring new ideas to the team and
thrive in a fast-paced environment. The candidate will have great
opportunity to grow internally, participate in a range of diverse
and unique initiatives, and find the support, coaching, and
training to advance.
At POWER Engineers, Inc. you can have a rewarding career on every
level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you'll have
the chance to make a positive impact on the environment,
participate in a range of diverse and unique initiatives, and find
the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your
career. We encourage new ideas and fresh approaches and most
importantly, we strive to be our clients' first choice. These
traits - and deep technical skill - account for our success.
Have fun, do good work, make money. As an employee-owned company,
we strive to make POWER Engineers an appealing place to work, where
we perform projects that we find challenging and in which we excel.
We provide competitive compensation, a full benefit package,
professional development, and an appealing work environment. POWER
Engineers is a unique and fun engineering firm, which may be
contradictory to some, but it works well for
Keywords: Power Engineers, Boise , Mid Level Civil/Structural Engineer, Engineering , Boise, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!